Global Risk Management company 'Netwatch Ireland' has set up a remote monitoring and disaster recovery Hub in Newry which will create 15 immediate jobs, rising to 50 over the next three years.
Netwatch specialises in providing business continuity, risk management and security services to clients across the globe. The new monitoring and disaster recovery Hub will deploy the most advanced protection technologies to protect individuals, assets and premises across the world.
Applications are now open for the first Intervention Specialist positions.
The successful applicants will be responsible for -
- monitoring the effective delivery of Netwatch's security systems across a global customer base
- carrying out remote online visual monitoring of customer sites
- acting as a main point of contact for customer
- responding to inbound telephone calls and make outbound calls as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a high level of customer service and building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Previous experience of using management information systems and / or competent in the use of MS Office
- The ability to adapt, learn quickly and work precisely and effectively under pressure in a high volume, high stakes and fast paced team environment
- The ability to exercise good judgment in emergency conditions and act on own initiative
- At a minimum, GCSEs in English and Maths at grade C or above / leaving certificate or equivalent
Netwatch are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. To apply send your CV to Denise Whelan at email@example.com before 5pm on Monday 30th March.