The Rug House is recruiting for a Retail Store Manager for it's first Bricks & Mortar store right here in Newry.
We are a family run business with many years experience selling and trading quality house furnishings throughout the UK and Ireland. On the back of this success and due to increasing demand we have recently opened an extensive retail store and require an ambitious Retail Store Manager
Responsible for delivering sales and operational profit within store through exceptional customer service, promotional activity, cost control and effective relationship development.
- Regularly review a store performance to identify areas to increase profitability and performance
- Accountable for providing an in-store experience that delivers excellent Customer Service
- Deliver and exceed sales results in line with targets
- Actively develop relationships with interior designers, landlords, hotels, B&B’s, home builders, the catering industry and other users of rugs and commercial matting
- Responsible for developing and reviewing plans and resource for managing key times of the calendar year (Catalogue launch, peak, peak planning, sales etc.)
- Actively manage the customer experience by undertaking the role of duty management as appropriate
- Manage the Health & Safety aspects of the business taking appropriate action if improvements are required
- Manage the store management team through the effective use of the performance management cycle (set objectives, ongoing coaching, monitoring, reviewing performance)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar retail role within furnishings / home interiors
- Knowledge & Understanding of soft furnishings and an ability to quickly understand and match customer requirements to a suitable product portfolio
- Experience managing a team with an ability to drive performance
- Sound coaching, mentoring and leadership skills
- A creative, innovative and customer orientated retail manager with an ability to review operational performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Sound planning, organising, analytical and decision making skills with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent communication and customer orientated skills
This is an excellent career opportunity which offers the successful candidate an excellent remuneration, negotiable based on experience, within a vibrant and supportive environment.